What You Should Know About Google Penguin 4.0
On September 23 just this year, the Google Core Algorithm has welcomed its new member which is the Google Penguin 4.0.
There has been several individuals who worked hard and waited for this Google Penguin update. Following are Penguin 4.0 key features which will help many SEO specialists.
1. The first thing with Penguin 4.0 is that it is available for all languages and countries. While the rules remain similar for everyone, the websites have impact independence regardless of their location.
2. Another feature is that it is now real-time. This would signify that the ranking of the page is subject to change as Google updates any information regarding the page or the linked pages. The impact of any of your actions can be noticed more fast than ever.
3. In case you get a penalty from Google, the real-time algorithm makes you recover faster from it. Your webmaster must improve the site and remove the harmful links, which is the common problems when the site is penalized. With all the efforts, good results will be seen and felt sooner.
4. Penguin 4.0 is a part in the core algorithm of Google. This is one of the huge announcements of Google about the update. So, you need to monitor the backlink profile continuously.
5. This is becoming granular. Simply, the algorithm now focuses on the particular pages toxic links and not on the entire site. Tracking the micro-penalties becomes more hard. So, it is important to audit the necessary specific pages and subdomains of your site regularly.
Although Penguin has so many benefits to offer, you need also to know how to use it properly for your utmost advantage.
Penalizing a website in Penguin will never send you a notice what is the real situation. Some people only assume that they are penalized with they see indirect signs like declined positions or sharp drop.
Good thing, the results of the actions will be visible in no time. This can be beneficial for you. As the penalization process is done fast, so with the recovery process. Below are few things you need to bear in mind to protect your site.
Monitor your position constantly. Be sure to have an email alert whenever there are changes in the position. The backlink profile needs to be cleaned to ensure it is healthy all the time. Regularly check the lost and new backlinks. You should also consider making a backlink audit on the whole website. This is a very important step since the Penguin is more granular. Finally, you have to set up properties in the search console of Google for every subdomain while updating the disavowed file.