You may already understand that SEO, or search engine optimization, is an important part of attracting visitors and creating success for yourself online. One of the important fundamentals of SEO is choosing the right keyword and using it properly. Continue reading for some simple steps on how you can bring more traffic to your site with proper SEO techniques.
1. Understand your target market so that you can choose profitable keywords. SEO is not just about one keyword or one set of keywords. Related keywords and key phrases, often called long-tail keywords, are just as important in terms of grabbing additional traffic and getting your pages to rank higher in the search engines.
2. Use a keyword research tool, such as Google’s free keyword research tool, to find popular keywords that many people search for. An important requirement for keywords is to first make sure they are popular terms that people search for, and second, the competition is not overly stiff. Keywords that get between 10,000 and 30,000 visitors a month will bring you a good amount of traffic while keeping competition to a minimum.
3. Use your keyword in your domain name. When the search engines crawl your site they look for relevant keywords in many other areas besides just your written content. It’s very important that you put your keywords in the URL, or domain name, for your website. This not only confirms the keyword relevance for the search engines, it also makes your domain name much more memorable for your visitors in case they want to come back to your site at a later time.
4. Another important part of SEO is including your keyword in each and every one of your web pages. If the search engines crawl your site and do not see your keyword on each page, they will conclude your site is not relevant and will rank it much lower in search engine results. You do not want to include your keywords so much that the search engines think you are spamming on your pages, but you do need to include them at least once or twice on each page to establish relevance.
5. Long-tail keywords are mentioned above and they are a very important part of your SEO strategy houston seo experts. Long-tail means that the keywords you choose are related to your main keyword in some way or another. For example, if your main keyword is soap, long-tail keywords would include hand soap, soap dispenser, lather, kitchen soap and so on. There’s a good chance that anybody searching for these long-tail keywords is looking for the type of content you offer on a site with the main keyword of soap.
Finding profitable keywords and using them effectively is a strategy that will bring you more traffic than you ever dreamed. You must integrate your main keyword and long-tail keywords in every piece of content you post on your site. Additionally, use your main keyword and long-tail keywords in links between pages on your site, and as alt tags and file names for photographs. As your skill grows in selecting and using effective keywords and long-tail keywords you will realize a corresponding growth in targeted traffic that will make converting viewers to buyers easy.